US to grant work authorization for H4 spouses

May 29, 2015

US to grant work authorization for H4 spouses

The United States government has given a great opportunity for the H4 dependents visa holders who would like to work in the US. USCIS has promulgated that effective 26 May 2015, the prospective partners of H-1B visa holders can work in the country. The proposal has created a lot of exhilaration among H-4 visa holders, particularly Indians who are keenly awaiting work authorization in the US. The work permit has come in as a boom for nearly 179,600 individuals in the initial year itself.

United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USICS) is likely to receive around 180,000 work authorization applications from the spouses in the next year.

Who can file petition for work authorization

The new law is applicable for Individuals with H-4, dependent-spouse visas whose partners are looking for a green card, an employment-based, PR status. Though the new rules come into force from 26 May 2015, your application will take at least 90 days to process your and get employment authorization document. The processing times is subjected to change depending on the count of applications they receive.

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

Chat Icon
chat icon